How to add a new contact to WhatsApp using the Chats tab or a QR code?
WhatsApp is a surprisingly popular messaging app — many people choose to use it because it’s cross-compatible with both iPhone and Android, and it works over WiFi, so you don’t need to use your cellular plan.
Want to add a new contact to your WhatsApp address book? You can do that easily in two different ways, depending on whether the other person is nearby. Here’s what you need to know.
How to add a contact to WhatsApp?
There are three ways to add a contact to WhatsApp — you can manually enter the contact’s via the Chats tab, or if your new contact is physically nearby, you can simply scan their information via a QR code. Or you can use the third-party app, 007Promoter.
Via the Chats tab
1. Open the WhatsApp app and go to the Chats tab (it’s at the bottom of the screen on iPhone and at the top on Android).
2. On the Chats screen, tap the New Chat button — you’ll find it at the top-right on iPhone and at the bottom-right on Android.
3. Tap New Contact.
4. Fill in the New Contact form — enter the name and phone number at a minimum, though you can also enter any additional details you like. You can also scan someone’s QR code from this page if you wish.
5. When you’re done, tap Save.
Via QR code
On the other person’s phone:
1. Open the WhatsApp app.
2. Tap Settings.
3. At the top of the Settings page, tap the QR code symbol to the right of the person’s name.
On your phone:
1. Open the WhatsApp app and tap Settings.
2. At the top of the Settings page, tap the QR code symbol to the right of your name.
3. If you have an iPhone, tap Scan at the bottom of the screen. If you have an Android phone, tap Scan Code at the top of the screen.
4. Position your phone over the other phone so you can scan the QR code with the front-facing camera. Wait a moment until the phone vibrates — you’ve now scanned that person’s contact information.
5. Tap Add to Contacts.
007Promoter, WhatsApp marketing and advertising platform. you can control bulk WhatsApp hash chennels to send messages automatically, create lots of full groups without others’ agreement , and other advanced marketing action… by HiSeven
007Promoter has the following functions
007Promoter Hash channels : Control thousands of WhatsApp hash channels using different IP proxies to chat in one web.
Team Work : All team members can create HiSeven seats to control there own WhatsApp hash channels, and manager can see all of them working.
Chat Support : Reply automatically, quick reply, keywords reply, auto-translation, friends quantity counter…